April 2008 - alvers.info

Just a place for my old thoughts

Well, I'm back...sort'a
Tuesday, 22 April 2008 11:00 pm

My first day back in the office after what feels like ages. I think I was starting to go a little stir-crazy at home being stuck there for what felt like weeks.

I normally don't like taking anti-biotics unless I am coughing up green goop but given that I am now onto a tertiary infection I agreed with the doc that it was a good idea.

So, with the help of a Codral tablets I am back in the office and catching up with everything that is happening.

Mum & John's Wedding
Sunday, 20 April 2008 1:35 am

We headed down the coast yesterday morning bright and early to attend Mum's wedding. It was a really nice event with all us kids turning up and chatting before heading off to the Church.

The ceremony was short and sweet and I only wish I had turned the flash on my camera on to get better photos but I was worried we would distract from the ceremony.

From there we headed out for lunch which was absolutely enjoyed by all.

Surprisingly the trip back seemed very very quick, which was a happy end to a nice day.

Have a look at the Mum & John's Wedding section that we have added to the gallery.

your mum
Monday, 21 April 2008 6:28 am

gteat photos and thank you all for adding to a very happy day

Best $100 I have ever spent
Tuesday, 15 April 2008 11:40 pm

After a week at home I have been using my normal computer mouse which is a standard MS one with the little scroll wheel. And the result has been that my wrist is killing me. After only a couple of hours back in the office using my Kensington ball mouse and my wrist is feeling better already. Money well spent...

Now that I have had time to collect myself...
Tuesday, 15 April 2008 11:09 pm

Well, after two days of crashing to home I am feeling quite a bit better. Deb and I went for a 30min walk today because I still don't think that I was up too a run yet.

Reflecting on the weekend I do wish we had more time to spend with everyone. Dinner on Friday night with Nick and Curt was WAY too rushed as we wolfed down dinner, had a glass of wine and then went off to bed.

I really enjoyed poking around the Melbourne shops on Saturday morning but, again, that was cut short by lunch, which was cut short by having to leave, which was cut short by having to get back to Box Hill. You get the idea. It was good but way too rushed. In hindsight getting sick at least forced me to take it easy for two days after coming back.

We spent over $80 at Haigs which we are starting to make our way through. It really is some of the best chocolate around.

Little Olivia (aka Eep) has been nothing but a little ball of hungry affection since we got back. She followed me around the house for two days and alternated between wanting to sit on my head and be feed. But she is cute so it is hard to get grumpy with her.

The yard is unfortunately out of control in terms of the garden and the lawn. I really have to spend the whole of Sunday down there giving it one hell of a going over to try and bring it back from the feral edge.

And we have Mum's wedding on Saturday to go too. Everyone seems a bit weird'ed out over that but I am pretty cool with it really. We will have to be up pretty early on Saturday to make it to the coast but it should be a great day, let's hope for great weather.

I hate being sick
Monday, 14 April 2008 10:59 am

Well, it seems that the flu has got most people. I took a fair portion of last week off work because I was not feeling well and after the weekend in Melbourne my tummy has been on a hair trigger (I won't explain what I mean).

It was a good weekend though, it was just such a shame that it was so hurried and quick. Nicky and Curtis were so awesome to us letting us stay and making it feel like old times. And they drove us half-way around Melbourne in one two days.

The food was pretty awesome but unfortunately has lost its gloss slightly due to our current predicatment. Oh well.