March 2005 -

Just a place for my old thoughts

A very happy Easter to all...
Sunday, 27 March 2005 3:49 pm
(Da'easta Bunnie)

A quick post from the road. We have been in Adelaide for the last few days which has been quite wonderful. Serena came over as well so I guess it has been me with the three girls.

Saturday we went to Rockford's winery. It was wonderful to be out doing something like wine tasting again which I so love. The wines were, needless to say, awesome. From there we went over to Charles Melton and Turkey Flat. For me these form the Holy Trinity of Barossa wineries. After all that dinner was a simple affair at a local noodle place that does great entres. We just ordered a bunch and shared.

Today we headed to Shaw & Smith which is a beautiful winery producing truly elegant wines. A wonderful wine tasting later we headed for Coriole for lunch. Except for the fact that they lost our coffee order it was perfect. (I was really looking forward to trying a chai latte).

I did speak with my family this morning to wish them all a happy easter. They were all helping Wayne get over having his brand new car dinged up by recent hale storm. The car is his pride and joy so I really feel for him. It is so new the rhe insurance should cover it to be fully repaired as good as new.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful Easter.

Tuesday, 29 March 2005 6:12 am

Are you gonna get a haircut for my wedding? Just kidding! He-he-he!!! :o)

You look very relaxed in your photo. I'm so jealous - wish I was winery hopping with you guys.


P.S. Chai latte's are gross - you didn't miss anything!!! See you in 16 days!!! :o)

Tuesday, 29 March 2005 7:34 am

I hope you had some rose for me at Turkey Flat!

Happy late easter!

Tuesday, 29 March 2005 5:40 pm

Sounds like you had a full weekend. See you when you get up here :)

Wednesday, 30 March 2005 7:55 am

Yes, he IS getting a haircut for your wedding, JT. He has been TOLD :).

Of other worlds
Tuesday, 22 March 2005 5:58 pm

It has definately been a few weeks of looking at life from different angles.

Work has been flat out with tasks just stacking up as we move closer to relocating to our new building. I am finding myself working at night to keep up with everything that needs to be done. I must admit that I am my own worst enemy in some regards because I am taking on other tasks that require programming and problem resolution simply because I love doing it so much. Sometimes it is simply the best bit of my day.

Serena came down for the weekend and took us to see Luka Bloom who is a great guitarist and singer. He has a very special style of playing that is pretty amazing to see done live. To soak up that type of creativity is a nice way to help put things into perspective.

Then there was another shot at a YLT briefing. This is a program run each year for the young and upwardly mobile managers to get on the fast track. It is high profile, quite a lot of work, and more exposure as a manager than you could dream of. The application last year took me almost 60 hours to write and in the end I missed out. Needless to say I was completely devastated so we are just going to have to see about this year.

I had to leave the briefing early to make it over to Deb's graduation. She is now the proud owner of a shiny new Certificate of Professional Writing and Editing. We had a meal at one of the local cafes and headed home. Again it was another world to see these Creative Arts type of people. A very different experience to the one I had just left.

At the moment I am just telling myself that I need to get everything moved into Freshwater Place, our new building, and then I'll look at where I am and what I really want to do.

In the more immediate future we are heading over to Adelaide this Easter and intend to hit a few of my favourite I remember why I am doing all of this.

I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead
Sunday, 6 March 2005 6:33 pm
(DJ (The sleepy))

Was that a full on weekend or what. Friday night we caught up with Freya and her husband Brendan for dinner. Really great people. We went to a Greek restaurant and had a sheep...and it was good. Unfortunately we stayed WAY too long playing with Berty, their new puppy, and drinking our way through Brendan's rather wonderful wine collect.

Home and up fairly early for our friends Nicky and Curtis who were flying in for the weekend. We headed into the city to catch up with them and have breakfast. Oh I LOVE bacon and eggs.

Then a quick stop at Haigs chocolates and home for a very pleasant round of orange chocolate buttons and red wine.

Are you detecting a trend so far???

Deb and Nicky went shopping in the afternoon because Nicky had packed for Fiji, or Jamaica or somewhere equally warm. Needless to say it was COLD here!!!

Curtis and I spent a very pleasant afternoon playing Rollcage on the playstation. 29 races to me...ZERO races to Curt...LOSER!!! Ahem, sorry about that

Saturday night Nick and Curt headed into the city to see the latest Circ de Solea* show which was the original reason for them flying down.

We then headed out on Sunday morning for the mother of all Yum Cha trips to Plumes. Jan, Simon and Isobel joined us and I think Isobel eat her own body weight in sticky rice and rice noodles. Hey, she doesn't weigh that much

This afternoon has involved taking it easy as Deb works on a video presentation for her screen writing class. The result is looking very very good. Perhaps I should just let her do JT's wedding video...Nah!!!

* Yes Deb, I didn't spell check that.

The Editor
Tuesday, 8 March 2005 7:51 am

Cirque de Soleil
ate, not eat

We'll leave your abuse of tense for a later class...

Tuesday, 8 March 2005 10:57 am

Actually, I don't remember having a sheep. I thought we had a banquet. Did I miss something while you were drinking?

Wednesday, 9 March 2005 5:46 pm

There was enough lamb on that meat platter that we just about ate an entire Lamb...that was sort of what I meant.

This is a cool way to waste a few minutes.
Wednesday, 2 March 2005 12:12 pm

Was that a long month or what?!?
Tuesday, 1 March 2005 5:17 pm

Finally the first day of March. February just felt like it went on and on and on and on. I normally feel like this part of the year flies past but it seems to be crawling at the moment.

On the work from I spent part of the weekend writing a program to monitor the Help Desk telephones. It worked a treat and was really well received by everyone, so that was pretty positive.

Having yesterday off was awesome but I am afraid that I may have overindulged last night and felt pretty virtual for most of the morning. The big benefit of starting quite early was that I could leave at 5:00 to come home.

We are now just laying around watching Star Trek Voyager which my boss loaned me. I am REALLY looking forward to an early night in bed. CYA!